I have had an amazing month of connecting with so many people who are already on my doTERRA team, and many who have just joined. I have heard how so many love the oils, they are so excited when they arrive and yet they are also struggling with how to use them. This is so common because #1 Essential Oils come with an entire new world of knowledge and information that requires time and discovery, so it is completely normal to feel overwhelmed! #2 because implementing daily rituals is not easy and it requires diligent and consistent effort. For many, even the concept of essential oils and using them in all the different ways that they can be is a new thing. And so whenever something is new, there is going to naturally be a period of time when things are awkward and uncertain. It's ok.
One of the reasons I am here however is to help guide that time. I am in my own process and journey of using essential oils every day, but I am also so incredibly passionate and confident in how they can be used to shift your vision and change your life. So, bit by bit, class by class, conversation by conversation I help chip away at the confusion, the overwhelm and help us all get to a place of more clarity and consistency.
And here is something I want to share because I heard it today and it struck my to my core:
On her most recent HOL:FIT talks podcast, Ange Peters said this:
"Women who are drawn to doTERRA are super committed to giving their best to the world. Because they are no longer interested in being last on the list"
In the the last year of being a wellness advocate and really using these oils as the gateway to my own creation of daily habits and ritual, I can say so confidently how true that statement rings! I am no longer interested in being last on my own list, or any list. I am committed to diligent self-care and practices that help me to arise to my highest self because I am only interested in giving my best to my family, my community and the world. It is no longer a question or a negotiation, it is what MUST be and only I can make it so!
So, with all of that in mind, here are 10 ways that I use oils every day to shift my vision towards my highest self and my highest work:
1. OnGuard toothpaste. This is really the first action I take every morning, without skipping a beat I brush my teeth. It feels like I am clearing away the sleep. And I use OnGuard toothpaste because it is a simple and easy way to use a powerful blend of oils daily. My next step to add to this is tongue scraping btw! Anyone already do it and love it?
2. Diffuse, Diffuse, Diffuse! In the morning it is one of the first things I do. I pick out exactly which oils are going to help both ground me and wake me up. Usually a citrus and a tree oil and sometimes some peppermint. In the afternoon, something to bring focus and clarity, often Balance blend or one of the emotional blends. At night, its all about setting the stage for sleep and rest. Cedarwood, Lavender, Serenity, Vetiver...these are my nighttime go tos.
3. Pick an oil to put on my body. This is usually Frankincense and I apply it to my heart and my forehead. Often to my feet as well. Meditation is usually a huge part of my routine every morning and so I will do this to set the tone, but sometimes it doesn't happen because, well I am the mother of a three year old! So by even just using the Frank in this way, I give myself a moment to check in with myself.
4. Citrus Oil in water. I love my coffee and I wake up thinking about it. And I cannot have it until I have had a big glass of water with a drop of citrus oil, often lemon, in it! This is my self-imposed rule and it makes a huge difference for my entire system! If I have had particularly not great eating habits the day before, then I will use DigestZen in my water. One drop is all you ever need!
5. Dry Skin Brush. I LOVE dry skin brushing. It helps to get circulation going and while I have often put Lemon or Purify on it right before doing it, my new favorite thanks to Ange's suggestion is Slim & Sassy! It has citrus oils like Grapefruit in it and peppermint and it's AMAZING!! Seriously, I may start craving this like I crave my coffee! Try it!
6. Oil in the shower. One or two drops of oil in the hot steam of a shower is heaven. I use Breathe or Eucalyptus just to get the airways open and ready to take in the day.
7. Floral oils as my perfume. I am no longer interested in putting fake, synthetic fragrances on my body. The harm they do is just so not worth it! So now I use Neroli, or Jasmine or Rose as my perfume. I roll some onto my neck, my pulse points and my heart. It's perfection.
8. Frank, Geranium or Melaleuca in my moisturizer. I love putting a drop of each and adding it to my lotion. They are all incredible for skin and help it to glow!
9. Lavender in Audrey's bath. It helps to set the tone for the evening wind down. I of course get the diffusers going to help as well, but this is a nice way to simply add self care to a necessary nightly routine. And if she isn't taking a bath that night, I will rub a little on her feet and spine before bed.
10. Serenity or Clary Calm on my own body before bed. Depending on the time of the month, I use one of these to help bring me down and unplug at night. Clary Calm during ovulation and menstruation and Serenity the rest of the month. Again, it's just the last moment of caring for myself that helps me seal the day off with me being first on my list.
I hope that this is helpful! I would love to hear how you use oils, if you do so already! What are your daily rituals?
And if you want to get started, email me: Sara@oneOMatatime.com
is a Mama, Wife, Yoga and Meditation Teacher, Coach, Writer and Activist. You can read more about her here.