Watch the above video about Cleaning with Essential Oils. I delve into how being conscious about what we use to clean with is actually an act of self-love, and how we can change the idea of what "clean" actually means! Then check out the recipes below so that you can get started using non-toxic, mindful, natural solutions to clean your home! To Purchase oils click HERE and to join in my weekly, FREE, oils classes click HERE
All Purpose Cleaning Spray:
1 Cup Warm Water
1 Cup White Vinegar
20-25 drops essential oil of your choosing
1. In a glass spray bottle, combine water and vinegar
2. Add essential oils
3. Use on counters, wood, glass, stainless steel and porcelain
4. Wipe with microfiber cloth or paper towel
Stove top Cleaner:
1/4 Cup Baking Soda
1/4 Cup Table Salt
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
2 tablespoons water
4-5 drops essential oil (try lemon, lime, melaleuca, or a combination of the three)
1. Stir all ingredients together until they form a paste and spread over stove top
2. Leave it on for 15 minutes or longer for tougher stains
3. Using a sponge, scrub the mixture into grime
4. Remove excess cleaner and wipe surface clean
Dishwasher Detergent Tabs:
1 Cup Baking Soda
1/4 citric acid
1 tablespoon doTERRA OnGuard cleaner concentrate
5 drops grapefruit oil
1. Put baking soda, citric acid, doTERRA OnGuard cleaner concentrate and grapefruit oil in mixing bowl. Mix together until is has an even consistency.
2. Place in silicone molds and let sit for 4 hours. Remove tabs
3. Store in airtight container
4. Use in dishwasher in place of store bought tabs (one per wash)
Soft Scrub Bathroom Cleaner:
3/4 rounded cup of baking soda
1/4 cup unscented castile soap
1 tablespoon water
1 tablespoon vinegar
5-10 drops Lemon Oil
1. In a bowl combine baking soda and castile soap
2. Add water and stir
3. Add vinegar and essential oil. The consistency should be a soft paste
4. Apply to area you would like to clean, let sit 5-10 minutes
5. After solution has had a chance to sit, scrub clean. Once done scrubbing take a wet cloth and wipe clean.
NOTE: Make in small batches and store in airtight container. This is enough for for two to four applications
Toilet Cleaning Pods:
1 Cup Baking soda
1/4 Cup Citric Acid
1 1/2 tablespoon unscented castile soap
15 drops essential oil (try melaleuca, lime, siberian fir, lemon, cilantro or any combination of)
1. Stir the baking soda and citric acid until combined
2. Slowly stir in citric acid and essential oils. Stir until it resembles wet sand
3. Pack the mixture into silicone molds and let sit for at least 4 hours. If mixture expands above the molds, simply press back down.
4. Once dry remove from molds and store in dry place.
5. To use, simply drop in toilet, wait for pod to start bubbling and begin scrubbing.
Essential Oil Wood Polish:
1/4 Cup Olive Oil
1/4 Cup Vinegar
10 drops doTERRA Essential OIls (Wild Orange, Lemon, or Arborvitae)
1. Add olive oil and vinegar to glass spray bottle
2. Add 10 drops of essential oil
3. Shake well before each use
4. Apply to microfiber cloth and wipe wood clean. Repeat every 2-3 months as needed
16-ounce spray bottle
1 1/2 Cup White Vinegar
1/2 Cup Distilled Water
8 drops citrus oils of choice (Lemon, Lime, Wild Orange)
Add vinegar, water and essential oils to spray bottle and shake. Spray onto glass
surfaces and wipe clean.
2 tablespoons baking soda
5 drops Lemon essential oil
1 Cup water
Cleansing wipe or towel
1. For sticker removal, first peel off parts of sticker that will remove easily.
2. Combine baking soda, lemon EO and water in a dish.
3. Apply mixture to surface and let soak for 5 minutes
4. Use a damp cloth to wipe surface clean.
2 Cups baking soda
10 drops essential oils (recommended: Lavender, Lemon, Cypress or Eucalyptus)
1. Add essential oils to baking soda and stir to combine
2. Sprinkle mixture over carpet
3. Let rest one to two hours. Vacuum.
4. Store remaining mixture in airtight container for future use.
And of course, doTERRA makes it incredibly easy should you not want to make some of these yourself with the OnGuard cleaning and homecare products!
I am madly in love with doTERRA. Truly. This week convention is happening and while I am not there in person, I have been watching from afar and I have to shout from the rooftops how incredibly proud I am to be a doTERRA Wellness Advocate!
Here is the main reason why: they are all about Education, Science and Research and are on a mission to change the landscape of how we care for ourselves and the world of medicine and patient care in general. Here are a few of the highlights that I am THRILLED about:
1. doTERRA is launching a HUGE healthcare initiative and opening several clinics over the next several years all around the country. These clinics will have healthcare providers who are deeply educated in the use of essential oils, will be able to offer them to their patients AND will be focused on complete patient care. We are talking 30-60 minute visits with your provider, where you can really have a conversation and collaboration when it comes to your health! None of this quick in and out, write a prescription and be done with it kind of visits that so many of us are accustomed to these days!
2. Dr. Robin Fawcett - the Essential GP is joining the advisory board as doTERRA's first international physician. This woman is incredible. If you haven't checked her out, head to her page and watch some of her Facebook videos. I am inspired by her daily and so proud to be doing the work alongside her, in this wonderful company.
3. SO MUCH EDUCATION, RESEARCH and SCIENCE!! I learned through watching this week that while convention is awesome for recognizing wellness advocates as they rank advance, its main purpose is to provide a large forum to talk about the science behind the oils and educate us on why and how they work!! doTERRA is DEDICATED to the science and research of the oils and I am so grateful for that!! You all know how much I love the emotional component that oils offer and the tool they can be for our emotional health. But you may not know that in high school I was also super into chemistry and science and ever since joining doTERRA I am nerding out constantly!! I am a believer in both what we can see and what we cannot see and oils provide the perfect combination of this!!
4. INCREDIBLE NEW OILS AND PRODUCTS HAVE BEEN ANNOUNCED!! I haven't been able to dive in to all of the specifics, but I am posting as much as I have below so you can see what is to come! Let me just say this to close: an all natural deodorant that is a 1 on the EWG scoring system, a beautiful new kit for our school aged children to help them take care of themselves in a powerful and profound way, a brand new oil that is going to ROCK OUR WORLD and keep us so healthy and a new way to take an oil that is going to support our cells and our brains like never before...and so much more! Guys, this is a really big deal and if you aren't on the doTERRA train yet, its time! Here is why I most LIT UP about all of this: what doTERRA is doing is revolutionary. They are building a global community of people who think outside the box of all the ways we have been doing things these last several decades. The business model, the way we earn money and collaborate with others, the way we care for our home and the planet, the way we envision healthcare, the way we interact with other communities through co-impact sourcing, the way we take care of our bodies and mostly for me, the way we take care of our minds and hearts. They make it ok to at the same time be a human who desires to earn money and be successful AND be vulnerable enough to know how to reach for tools to help along the way, because we ALL need support in doing what we do, whether it is from the oils or each other. And there can be transparency, science and belief in what you can't see, but what you feel, all rolled into one beautiful bottle of essential oil!
Link below to get your wholesale account started and BRAND NEW OILS AND PRODUCTS listed below!
Whoa!! I have a BIG UPDATE for all of you who are interested in taking ILLUMINATE: A Career Manifestation Course!!
The price has now dropped for these final three days of registration...
Instead of $997 it is now $497
You still get all of the bonuses from both Shannon and myself, all of which are detailed in the post below and simply not listed here as I couldn't wait to get this news out to you!!
Things to know:
1. Registration is open until 11:59pm on THURSDAY, 9/13
2. Shannon will be doing a LIVE Facebook & Zoom Q & A tonight!! 9:15pm EST/6:15pm PST click on either of the links below to join:
3. You can email me with ANY questions: sara@oneOMatatime.com
It's been just over 24 hours since ILLUMINATE: Career Manifestation Course has launched and I think it's time to unpack the DETAILS!
First let me say, I am honored to be partnering with Shannon on this as an affiliate! This means that I get to shout from the rooftops how much I believe in this course and his work, but ALSO that I get to offer my own BONUSES when you sign up! So what do you ACTUALLY get when you take on a course such as this?
When you sign up for ILLUMINATE you get:
* 7 Modules with Shannon including grounding meditation and 90-minute weekly course teachings
* 2 Mastermind sessions with Shannon
* Accountability partner to support you through course completion
* Assigned homework for each module with accompanying PDF exercises
* Guided audio meditation for each week
*Private Facebook group for continued group support, love, fun and accountability
* Lifetime access to all calls and course materials
click on the button below for even more details on each module including all of the bonuses that Shannon himself is offering...
AND THEN....you get not one but THREE BONUSES from ME!
A YEAR SUBSCRIPTION TO ONE OM AT A TIME YOGA!
This includes all access to LIVE yoga and meditation classes and an entire archive of classes past, present and future! A year subscription is $180 and you will get this included for FREE when you sign up for the ILLUMINATE course!
The doTERRA Yoga Collection
Three of the most gorgeous essential oil blends to help you Anchor, Align and Arise while you move through the course. This is a $70 value that you will receive personally from me for FREE!
A ONE on ONE Wellness consultation with ME!
This will be a 60 minute session where we chat about what is happening in your life, your health and your home and we strategize about what tools, practices and rituals will be the most helpful to guide you on your journey to ILLUMINATE your purpose! A value of $85 also for FREE!
All of this combined ends up being a TOTAL VALUE of $4,369 that you get for $997. Not to mention a TON of yoga, meditation, essential oils and two teachers who truly feel called to help ILLUMINATE all that is good in this world and about YOUR PURPOSE!
If you have ANY questions, email me: Sara@oneOMatatime.com
I’m a proud affiliate of Shannon Algeo’s ILLUMINATE: Career Manifestation Course. I fully support this work and this program, and I may earn a referral fee if you sign up from my recommendation.
Just over a year ago, we were about to finish our two years of being on tour and I knew it was time I go back to work. I had spent the last two years focused solely on being a mama and on the road and while I loved every single minute of it, there were parts of myself that had gotten lost along the way. Knowing that I was stepping back into a career where my job is primarily to hold space for others to discover and develop their most authentic and powerful self, I knew that I had some work to do. So I decided to sign up for an online course and mentorship program that my beautiful, long time yoga teacher Elena Brower was offering. It was comprised of online meetings and calls, a lot of self-inquiry work, journaling and assignments and a full community of support. After completing it, I signed up for her second one, oh and her third and as pieces of myself began to reveal themselves, some old and some new, confidence began to flood in and I found myself looking towards doing the things I had seen others doing, but I never dared to do...enter doTERRA and Shannon Algeo.
I decided to become a wellness advocate and joined a team of seriously inspiring humans...I didn't even really know it at the time, I just said yes and went with it. I began joining in the weekly office hours calls of Shannon, following his social media posts and emailing back and forth with him and realized that I was in such a beautiful place, surrounding myself with beautiful people all of who were helping me not just build the confidence I needed to create the career I want, but to act on it. Shannon is a light that truly illuminates the light in others. For me personally, watching him do what he does, having come from very similar backgrounds as former musical theater actors who were not fulfilling our purpose and had to find a new way to share our light, I was incredibly inspired to move forward in so many areas of my life. I was also reminded by him that exactly what I want to happen IS possible. So I began to work harder at doTERRA, I created more out of One OM at a Time and I began to write and call myself a writer and subsequently began being offered jobs to write, of which I now make a large chunk of my living off of! And here is the thing...signing up for the course with Elena was the seed that planted all of this.
I used to think that studying and taking courses were finished once school was done and you just went out and lived life. Except that to truly live life to the fullest, self study is imperative, over and over and over again. I believe it is some of the most important work and studying that you can do. AND GUESS WHAT?!?...SHANNON is offering a course of his very own and I am proud to be PARTNERING WITH HIM AS AN AFFILIATE!! This is a dream come true and my hope is that YOU will be a part of it!
Announcing ILLUMINATE: A Career Manifestation Course! Registration is open today and only for the next 7 days only!! So if it's time for you to create confidence in your life, in your career, in your purpose, it means it's time for you to take ACTION. Time to do some work and inquiry with the support of Shannon, myself and an entire community of light workers. Because you, my friend, are also a light worker whose purpose and work is NEEDED on this earth right now. Let's take action together as our lives are short and time is elusive so why not put your purpose into action now!?
For All the Details:
1. Click on the Link below to learn all about the course details and some amazing bonuses that Shannon is offering
2. Follow me on social media because over the next couple days I will be offering some BIG BONUSES of my own!
3. Email me ANY of your questions at Sara@OneOMatatime.com
Imposter syndrome....that voice in your head that begs you to ask the question over and over "who am I to..." fill in the choice you would make if you weren't so busy doubting yourself.
Back in the days when I was an actress I was represented, by my estimation anyways, big time agents. I remember always worrying about the day that they would eventually realize I didn’t belong on their roster and would call me up and drop me. It was a constant thought in my head and every audition that I went to, I found myself wanting to do well, not because the work itself mattered but because of my immense fear that I needed to prove that I was good enough to my agents. It probably won't surprise you that this does not make for a good audition, let alone booking a job. Do you know what happened? One day I got a phone call that my agents were in fact dropping me. The very thing that I had been so focused on with intense worry, happened. It has been almost 10 years and as I look back on that time, here is what I have learned: If you actually believe that you don’t belong somewhere, you won't.
Let me be clear that .I am not saying that you shouldn't be there but rather that mindset is everything. In order to belong anywhere, in a career, a relationship, a group of friends we have to be first in the belief that we, in fact do deserve to exist there. Belonging isn't something that we can prove or measure, it is something that we must cultivate from our deepest self and put stock in, without ever being able to garner proof that it's true.
What we focus on is what we grow. I was always and only focused on not being good enough and so I cultivated that mindset which was present in the rooms I was standing in. It has been almost 10 years since this happened and I 100% believe now that it wasn’t my agents fault for dropping me, but my very own manifestation that made it happen.
I carry no guilt or sadness about what happened now. It was a hard lesson to learn and I am honestly grateful that I started learning it at such a young age in my adult life. Like any major life lesson, I am still in process with it, although I can say that these days, the imposter in my head gets interrupted fairly quickly with the voice of that says I in fact belong anywhere that I wish to. My favorite part of learning this lesson however comes from the realization that if I can so powerfully manifest what I deemed to be a negative outcome, I can 100% manifest the outcomes that I deem to be positive and in alignment with what I WANT to happen.
As Brene Brown says in her book Braving the Wilderness "Stop walking through the world looking for confirmation that you don't belong. You will always find it because you've made that your mission. Stop scouring people's faces for evidence that you're not enough. You will always find it because you've made that your goal. True belonging and self-worth are not goods; we don't negotiate their value with the world. The truth about who we are lives in our hearts. Our call to courage is to protect our wild heart against constant evaluation, especially our own. No one belongs here more than you."
AND for those of you who wish to find even more inspiration on this topic, check out this FREE CAREER MANIFESTATION WORKSHOP that my friend Shannon Algeo is hosting!
is a Mama, Wife, Yoga and Meditation Teacher, Coach, Writer and Activist. You can read more about her here.